The IOTOD take-home naloxone (THN) toolkit will contain guidance and resources on how to set up a THN programme, in order to reduce overdoses and save lives.
Spearheaded by the Programme Director, Professor Patrick O’Hare, the IOTOD-THN toolkit is being created in collaboration with three partner organisations that coordinate successful THN programmes: the Scottish Drugs Forum, Antidote Denmark and the Red Cross (on behalf of the Public Health Agency of Catalonia).
With the concerning rise in overdose deaths, urgent action is needed to implement THN programmes and the IOTOD-THN toolkit is being carefully designed to inspire and guide you in this process, through:
- Inspirational video case studies of successful THN programmes
- Checklist of things to consider for setting up a THN programme
- Guide to creating training materials
- Advocacy briefing
- Interactive map of the THN community in Europe
- An invitation to you to join our THN community